Over time, WiSE has compiled a list of various resources that may be of assistance. This list is in no way exhaustive. If you have a resource to add, please email email@example.com with your recommendation.
The following recent presentations and papers were presented by members of the WiSE Leadership and Faculty.
Work and Family Resources
Maternity Leave Resources
- USC Benefits Paid Family Leave Insurance Program
- California Paid Family Leave
- For a list of providers (Obgyns/pediatricians/childcare program/hospitals/etc.) in the Los Angeles area recommended by WiSE faculty, please contact WiSE Program Manager, Mallory Redel at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For recommended guidelines and a time frame for organizing leave for faculty members, please contact WiSE Program Manager, Mallory Redel at email@example.com
- USC Center for Work and Family Life
- Lactation Rooms on UPC Campus
- USC Employee Gateway
- SC Sitters
- HopSkipDrive – Use the code ‘WISE’ to get your first ride for free.
USC Childcare Programs
USC’s child care centers are operated by Children’s Creative Learning Centers
- Faculty for the Future, Pennsylvania State University Program
- Wide Active Funding Opportunity, The National Science Foundation Program
- E-Mentoring for Diversity in Science and Engineering, MentorNet Program
- Increasing Participation of Under-represented Groups in Science Engineering and Technology, A Building Engineering and Science Talent (BEST) Program
- Providing a Strong Voice for Women in the Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, UC Berkeley Program for Graduate Women
- Promoting Equal Opportunity for Black Graduate Engineering and Science Students, UC Berkeley
- Center for Workforce Development Diversity,University of Washington
- Help Women Stay In Science From “The Scientist”: Biologist, Laura L. Mays Hoopes, outlines suggestions for helping men help women scientists.
Award and Grant Reviews
Deadline: No specific deadline.
Directions: Interested scholars should submitted requested information to WiSE Program Manager, Mallory Redel, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 213-740-0996.
In order to assist faculty and postdoctoral scholars with Award and Grant Applications, the WiSE Program will coordinate matching interested candidates with USC faculty members within their areas of research.
Interested scholars should contact the WiSE Program Manager, Mallory Redel, at email@example.com or 213-740-0996. Candidates will be asked to provide a current CV as well as a brief statement that includes the following information:
- Position and Home Department at USC.
- Area of Research.
- Intended Awarding Agency/Institute/Program.
- Recommended internal USC reviewers.